The College of Pathological Analysis Technologies is working on building technical medical teams that deal with the latest pathological and medical devices and under the supervision of a qualified teaching staff with expertise in the field of pathological analysis techniques. The College of Pathological Analysis Technologies at Al-Bayan University has the code (020), and the duration of study is four years. The College of Pathological Analysis Technologies awards a bachelor’s degree in Pathological Analysis Technologies and accepts holders of high school diplomas, scientific studies. The duration of study is four years, and the granted bachelor’s degree is equivalent to the certificates granted in the same specialization at the departments of Pathological technologies – College of medical and health technologies at the technological education universities, in Iraq. The study at the college is during the day.
Modern medicine depends on clinical laboratory science (Pathological Analysis), a scientific and practical method of diagnosing and treating the various diseases. Pathological Analysis, in hospital laboratories and other health institutions, plays an active role in the diagnosis of diseases and epidemics that continually threatens our community and helps doctors solve many of the vague or undiscovered disease problems, which will eventually help them in giving the appropriate cure.
Today, there is an urgent need to establish enough health centers and hospitals, for bridging the acute shortage of medical staffs of the various specializations, particularly Pathological Analysis Technologies. Moreover, to ensure the purpose of preparing professionals trained to use clinical laboratories, Al-Bayan University has established the College of Pathological Analysis Technologies, with an integrated teaching staff, appropriate classrooms and labs.
Department of Pathological Analysis Technologies
The Department of Pathological Analysis Technologies has the code 0201. The Curricula of the Pathological Analysis Technologies include key areas in the medical laboratories, Organic Biochemical and Clinical, Haematology Science (Blood diseases and Blood Transfusions), Histology and Anatomy Sciences, Biology and Medical Microscopic and Immunology science, Human Biology science, Physiology and Human Genetics Science, Medical Parasitology, as well as supplementary Courses such as Computer Sciences, equipment and safety laboratory. The third year of the study includes a training program in hospitals, while in the fourth year a research project is submitted. The grading in the college is:
Courses with Practical Studies
|Sum of First and Second Semester Grades||50%|
Courses without Practical Studies
Description of the Graduate
A qualified graduate is who has finished his academic study in the technological science, obtained a bachelor Certificate in Technologies of Pathological Analysis and possesses accurate, detailed information specialized in his work so that this information enables him to work in various jobs related to medical and health centers.
The vision of the College of Pathological Analysis Technologies is to establish specialized medical laboratories, develop postgraduate studies (Masters and Ph.D.), and host specialists in pathological analyzes from the world’s most prestigious universities in order to improve the scientific level of the college’s graduates, and make the college among the best ones in this field.
The College of Pathological Analysis Technologies seeks to select the best scientific methods in delivering information and keeping up with the latest scientific developments through having distinguished academic teaching staff, as well as providing students with scientific experiences through hands-on training in the college labs.
- Prepare specialized technical staffs to serve different medical specialties (medicine, dentistry, pharmacy, and nursing).
- Contribute to the development of society through the development of health services in cooperation with national health institutions and others through: contributing to the preparation and implementation of health programs and plans, taking advantage of the expertise of specialists, providing the necessary equipment to improve the quality of health services, and encouraging medical and health research in the areas of pathological analysis and other medical specialties.
- Provide hospitals and health centers with medical staff specialized in pathological analysis technologies, as well as filling the need for health institutions, public and private hospitals, and special pathological analysis laboratories.
Description of a Graduate
- A qualified graduate who has completed his academic studies and received a bachelor degree in pathological analysis technologies. A graduate also has the necessary knowledge to perform his duties.
- Perform laboratory work related to the isolation, dyeing, and examining bacteria in clinical specimens.
- Perform all blood tests and analysis.
- Perform all clinical chemical tests.
- Examine various excretions and body fluids (knee fluids, spinal cord fluids, semen).
- Prepare tissue slices from various organs of the body and prepare them for examination.
- Prepare all laboratory solutions.
- Operate and maintain laboratory equipment used in pathological analysis laboratories.